T-79 Walk through old town Yanaka
Enjoy experiencing Japanese culture and interacting with the residents of old town Yanaka!
Yanaka is one of the few Tokyo neighborhoods in which the old traditional atmosphere still remains. In this temple district, you can enjoy various facets of Japanese culture, including wearing a kimono, the tea ceremony and making Japanese confections by yourself.
The local residents are known for being kind and helpful. Your guide can lead you to shops of your choosing and help with communication. They will be happy to answer questions and explain Japanese culture, history and tradition for you.
Let’s enjoy nice conversation with them!
/// Highlights ///
- Yuka-an is one of the oldest shops in Yanaka. You can experience the tea ceremony, making Japanese sweets and wearing a kimono there. You can enjoy matcha in a precious traditional tea bowl and also tasty coffee in a beautiful antique cup. The personality of the owner is also one of the attractions.
He talks about Japanese culture enjoyably and draws your portrait for free.
You can use even a $25,000 tea bowl made 250 years ago and feel its value at Yukaan. You can make your own Japanese confections. Rent kimono and take nice pictures.
- Art Sanctuary Allan West is the only active nihonga artist’s studio open to the public. The Nihonga discipline involves the techniques and materials handed down through ancient Japanese tradition. The artist Allan West was born in the US, and has lived and worked as a nihonga artist in Japan for over forty years. The seasonal artwork on display is for your viewing pleasure but also available for purchase. Feel free to ask about this unusual medium.
- At Tokugen, you can see beautiful indigo blue（Japan blue）clothes , bags and accessories such as scarves. They are perfect for your souvenirs.
Tokugen is a shop specializing with Aizome, or Japanese indigo blue. You can choose your favorite scarf and handkerchief.
- Visit an old liquor shop, Yoshidaya exhibiting ancient tools such as scales and measures of a liquor shop. You can hear interesting explanation about them by staff.
- If you are interest in a puppet theater, Shokichi can attract you to see funny stories by quite small handmade puppets. Surprisingly, a finger puppet artist will draw your portrait. It’s amazing!
- At the precinct of Jyomyoin temple, thousands of cute little Jizo Buddhist Statues welcome you.
- You can visit many attractive shops and sightseeing spots.
/// FIT package ///
We can arrange this tour for individual, family, or the small group, following to your designated date, through the year.
/// Itinerary ///
10:00 At Nippori station*, meet with a guide, then visit several places as below;
* If you need hotel pick-up, it’s possible to meet at your hotel in central Tokyo or Kanagawa prefecture with additional time.
- Yoshidaya old liquor shop
- Tokugen indigo shop
- Jyomyoin temple
- Yuka-an, rent kimono (JPY3,300/2H), tea ceremony (JPY2,200/person) and making your own Japanese confections
- Art Sanctuary Allan West
- Puppet theater Shokichi (JPY600/person)
* You can take lunch at the local diner restaurant around this area.
17:00 Back to Nippori station, then finish the tour.
/// Add-ons & Description ///
- This is a private walking tour.
- Please make a reservation at least four days before your tour.
- A local guide who knows Yanaka well will guide you.
＊See our guide “Higashi“, “Misao” and “Tatsuo” who are specialists of Yanaka!
“It is always a fun adventure to explore Yanaka’s old town and interact with its residents. We have spent a lot of time in Yanaka, and built a friendly relationship with the people. We can’t wait to introduce you to this area we love.”
Please understand that in the event of a typhoon or a government issued heavy rain warning, we may be forced to cancel the tour.
|1||2||3||4-5|| 6 or more
|Price / person (Yen)||42,000||21,000||15,000||11,000||11,000|
- English speaking guide
- Commission for arrangements
- Commission for settlements by credit card
- Consumption tax
- Transportation costs to the meeting place / ending place
- Accommodation costs
- Lunch for guests
- Kimono rental, Tea ceremony, puppet theater, and the other optional entrance fee for guests
- Food and beverage fee for customers and guide
- Souvenir fee / personal expenses
- Expenses for services not described in the itinerary
Regarding these standard courses, we can arrange the plan upon your request by adding / deleting destinations, and combining other courses before and after, making reservations of accommodation, transportation, restaurants, or event tickets, etc. Please contact us by all means.
ex.1 Arrangement for accommodation
Room charge 10,000yen(1night 1person) + Commission 1,650yen(incl. c-tax)=Total 11,650yen
ex.2 Arrangement for additional transportation
Super express train 20,000yen(1person) + Commission 3,300yen(incl. c-tax)=Total 23,300yen
/// Cancellation Policy
Cancellation Policy for this course;
|Days to Departure||Cancellation Charge|
|More than 31 days||10,000JPY|
|30-15 days||50% of trip price, Min 10,000JPY|
|14-8 days||70% of trip price, Min 10,000JPY|
|7 days or Less, No Show||100% of trip price|
Please refer to “Price, Terms and Conditions” for other detailed regulations.
/// Application Form
Please select the course and fill in the below box;
Payment can be settled by credit card (Paypal or Stripe).
After your booking, we will send you an invoice, then after your payment by credit card, the booking would be completed.
If you have any questions or offer to book, please send an email. We welcome even little questions! Don’t hesitate, and see you in Japan!!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org